The NKOTB are certainly one of those groups that you either love or hate, and I’m clearly in the love category. Like everyone about my age, I eventually got older, the band split up, and life moved on. Except for one short stint in 1999 when Jordan had about his only solo hit, I had neatly packaged away my adoration and love for Jordan into the “Past Crushes” box in my heart, along with the likes of Davy Jones of the Monkees (circa 1968), Prince William, and Hugh Grant. But for one night, I got to take my adoration for Jordan Knight out of the box and enjoy two wonderful hours of watching him from the sixth row, center stage!
The concert was so much fun. I have never sat that close before, so that experience alone was fascinating. The opening act was Natasha Bedingfield (“Pocket Full of Sunshine”). I was really impressed. She did a fabulous set before NKOTB came out. I felt bad for her and the other guy that opened (who’s name I totally cannot remember) because they knew that everyone was there for NKOTB, but she seemed a good sport about it and kept asking us if we were excited. Finally the moment came and there they were.
At this point I could try and do a song by song recreation of the concert, but why? I’ll just leave it at: (1) it was an amazing show, (2) they did an excellent job of updating their music, and (3) after watching Jordan at such a close range, I realized how much of a (hot) nerd he is – but then I’ve always liked nerdy, so that shouldn’t be too much of a surprise.
Would I go again if given a chance? Absolutely!!!
Below are my pictures from the show. Enjoy!
Oh, and just as a reminder – perspective is everything!
1 comment:
WOW your pics are awesome!!! This seriously got me excited for the one in November. I've gotta brush up on the music--can you make me a cd! :)
Post a Comment